Who is this “Joe”?
- Joe Henson has earned an indisputable reputation as one of the industry’s premiere publicity portrait (headshot) photographers.
- His extensive portfolio contains the photographs of over 16,000 clients and counting, including the famous faces of Annette Bening, Tyler Perry, Dick Cavett, Doc Severinsen, J. K. Simmons, Adam “King Ad Rock” Horowitz of the Beastie Boys, Selma Blair, Sean Young, John Henson (of course!), Crispin Glover, Charles Grodin, Soupy Sales, Chubby Checker, Diamond Dallas Page, Jackee, Brian Doyle-Murray, Rita Rudner, Lisa Lampanelli, Kim Rhodes, Brian Regan and Missi Pyle.
- Joe is equally at home shooting actors, CEOs, writers, children, politicians, performers, families, artists, and world famous celebrities. His commercial work has been exhibited in numerous magazines, including Vogue, “O” The Oprah Magazine, Entertainment Weekly, Wired, TV Guide, Soap Opera Digest and the New York Times. Joe’s work has also been featured on book jackets, corporate brochures, DVD covers, billboards and in feature films.
- Joe’s Fine Art Photography is currently on display at Contemporary Art and Editions in Millburn, NJ, Mona Lisa Gallery in Maplewood, NJ. and the Kling Gallery in Montclair, NJ.
- “After more than 30 years of shooting, I still feel excited every time I pick up my camera. Meeting my sitters, getting to know them and helping them figure out the essence of their image is a creative collaboration that always feels fresh and full of promise. I feel a respect for the intimacy of the event and am humbled by the trust placed in me. Portraiture is like bottling lightning. I love what I do.”
- © Joe Henson 2016 All Rights Reserved
- Visit me at joehenson.com